Invisalign – Atlanta, GA
Clearing the Way to
a Straighter Smile
When you hear the term “clear aligners,” chances are that Invisalign is one of the first names you think of. In the past several years, orthodontists across the country have been using it to create beautiful, straight smiles without metal braces. Call Duo Orthodontics today to set up a consultation so that we can discuss whether it’s the best option for you.
Why Choose Duo Ortho
- Fully Customized Aligner Treatments Offered
- Fellowship Trained in Aligner Therapy
- Dental Team That Speaks Three Languages
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are made using 3D computer imaging. Once we have a digital model of your teeth, we can design a series of aligners. Clear aligners are often considered a more convenient alternative to traditional braces for those who only need to make mild to moderate corrections. They’re made out of a special transparent plastic so that you can wear them to work or school without other people realizing it.
Why Choose Invisalign?
The aesthetic advantages of clear aligners over braces are one of the primary reasons to choose Invisalign. Also, because they are removable, you are able to eat and drink whatever you want – there are no restrictions on crunchy or sticky foods that would damage traditional braces. And, thanks to the technology used to design Invisalign aligners, you will be given a virtual preview of what your smile will look like at the end of the treatment.
How Does It Work?
After you have received your series of aligners, you’ll wear each set for about two weeks at a time. They should stay in your mouth for 20 to 22 hours each day, and you should only remove them to eat, drink, brush, and floss. You will visit Duo Orthodontics periodically so that we can make sure that your teeth and jaws are making the proper movements. The total treatment time is usually between one year and 18 months.
Taking Care of Invisalign
- Cleaning your aligners with a toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste will become a regular part of your oral hygiene routine.
- Rinse your aligners whenever you remove them to get rid of leftover saliva and plaque.
- Soak the aligners in an approved solution for about 15 minutes a day for a more thorough cleaning.
- Never put anything inside your mouth except for water without taking your Invisalign aligners out first.
- Always store your Invisalign aligners in their case whenever you take them out.