Clear/Ceramic Braces – Atlanta, GA
Braces That Don’t Stand Out
Adults and teenagers can still benefit from wearing braces, but unsurprisingly, many are still reluctant to pursue orthodontic treatment because they’re worried about wearing noticeable metal brackets and wires to school or work. Clear/ceramic braces make it possible to straighten your smile without leaving you feeling self-conscious about your appearance. Call Duo Orthodontics today to learn more about this image-friendly option.
Why Choose Duo Ortho for Clear/Ceramic Braces?
- Designed Specifically for Adults & Teens
- Dental Staff Speaks Three Different Languages
- Fully Personalized Dental Treatment Plans
What are Clear/Ceramic Braces?
Structure-wise, clear/ceramic braces aren’t much different from traditional braces. They still consist of brackets and wires that slowly push the teeth into place. The main difference is the materials being used. The brackets are made out of clear or tooth-colored ceramic that blends in with the teeth, and the archwire is similarly colored to be less noticeable. The goal is to allow you to enjoy all the benefits of braces without any cosmetic concerns.
What are the Advantages of Ceramic Braces?
- Less Visible: The clear or tooth-colored brackets won’t stand out, so you won’t have to feel self-conscious about smiling.
- Customizable: Ceramic braces are available in a variety of colors, meaning it’s much easier to customize them to blend in with the teeth.
- Versatile: They can address many of the same alignment issues as traditional metal braces, including crooked or unevenly spaced teeth and misaligned jaws. They’re also more suitable for more complex corrections compared to clear aligners.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces are often recommended to adults and older children who have minor to mild orthodontic issues. They are generally a good choice for anyone that is looking for a more discreet orthodontic treatment that doesn’t attract undue attention at work or school.
How Long Will Treatment Take?
Ceramic braces can take anywhere from 18 months to 3 years to straighten teeth; this is comparable to the usual treatment time you can expect from metal braces. Of course, the exact length of time will vary from patient to patient. It ultimately depends on what kind of corrections need to be made and how complex they are.